Thursday, May 3, 2012

An excerpt from the letter dated January 1st, 1919

Here is a brief excerpt from one of the letters from Martha Jane (McColloam) Rhea to William Rhea. "Mrs. M.J. Rhea Sneedville, Tenn Route 5, Box 3 Jan. 1st, 1919 Dear Wm, Nellie and Ralph, I hope you are well and happy and will Remain So Through life. I am well as I have been for the past 4 months. As far as I know all the Relatives here in common Health. I received your much appreciated presents. Also corset cover and apron from Leona. Della came and brought hers. Floyd did too. Xmas was very quiet. Wm, I am 71 years old this morning and I want to talk to my absent children. What I can and truly hope that when the end of their road is as near is Sight as mine They can Rejoice as I can, that Rest is near."

No comments:

Post a Comment