Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Cousin

On of the best things about Ancestry.com is that others are looking for answers which leads them to you. I have a new 2nd or 3rd cousin who just found a note I wrote about my grandmother. We have the same great grandmother although we know little about her family. It is exciting to think that maybe she will be able to tell us a little more. My great grandmother left her family and moved away leaving three small children. She eventually remarried and had four more. My grandmother had nothing kind to saw about her mother and didn't let her kids know she was still living. Still, I have to wonder what the other side of the story was. Our newest cousin may not know either but there might be some interesting tidbits to lead us to a more balanced view than we currently have. We all have stories but most of them are biased. It would be fun to have another view point and I am pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment